PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - have been asked to fly someone around as a raffle prize
Old 5th Mar 2004, 18:57
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but.....

Yes, we do, on occassion, get pages and pages of discussion on the finer legal points, when no one actually cares. But I don't think this is one of those cases.

92A is not a member of the club organising the raffle - one of his family members is. The chances are, he doesn't know many of the club members. If these club members get their friends and family to enter the raffle, the chances are high that 92A will end up flying with someone he's never met before.

BRL asks "How would the CAA know if Mrs Miggins... actually gone up in a plane." Unfortunately, there are lots of "Mrs Miggins" out there who do care about these finer legal points, and who might do their homework before going on such a flight. And if it's not Mrs Miggins herself, then it may be Mrs Miggins' friend, whom she tells about her flight in good faith, who turns out to be the busy-body.

Personally, I wouldn't undertake something like this unless I was absolutely certain it was legal. Fortunately, it looks like it's likely to be able to be done legally. (And - very unusually for the CAA - there is a single clear document to clarify the situation!)

FFF
--------------