PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf Regional Crew Progression
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2004, 18:09
GalleyHag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt want to start a new thread so added this here:

I flew with 2 MAM casuals today who informed me they were made PERMANENT in the last week and start as PERMANENT in Melbourne next month. No reason to disbelieve them - all the other crew were aware of this including the CSM who was briefing them about bidding out of Melbourne.

This may not mean much, however as anyone in regional will know 4 positions are still owed to Eastern (not sure about sunnies) from the intial Perth Short Haul base (as 6 have just been confirmed into Perth 4 EAA and 2 Sunnies).

I suggest regional crew (EAA and Sunnies) contact the FAAA to ensure the balance is progressed to QF ASAP. Not sure if more than 32 MAM casuals have got permanent positions therefore activating the progression document for more positions.

Yes before all the MAM casuals go off I agree you guys should have the opportunity at permanent employment, HOWEVER regional crew have a black and white document and I'm sorry they get first preference if the terms of the document are met.

In this case MAM casuals are getting permanent positions when QF regionals are still OWED positions THIS is not acceptable.

And PLEASE what is going on MAM casuals are getting Melbourne and regionals are getting PERTH!!!!!! Remember these are people that have been with the QF Group for many, many years whereas the MAM casuals concerned have only been with MAM (a contract company for some 2 months)

To make matters worse (shortlisters will be interested in this) the MAM casuals that were confirmed into Permanent positions in Melbourne were only recruited in JANUARY. The REASON well, the MAM casuals converted to permanent were recruited by QF during the October 2002 national recruitment drive, but as we all know NO positions were available therefore they were offered MAM casual. WELL now there are PERMANENT positions available and these people (RECRUITED BY QF DURING THE NATIONAL RECRUITMENT DRIVE) have been converted to permanent Melbourne base short haul. As you can appreciate much to the disgust of the existing MAM casuals. The reason, they were recruited by QF for QF but offered MAM casuals due the lack of positions in QF therefore offered QF positions before people recruited by MAM (through the national MAM recruitment drive before the national recruitment drive by QF in November 2002)

My point (I'm getting to it!!) REGIONAL crew contact the FAAA and force their hand. They are well aware of this (as the crew members concerned were in contact with the FAAA in regard to this issue) and the FAAA are looking after everyoine's interest(MAM are members as well), however these positions are rightly your's NOT MAM casuals.

Last edited by GalleyHag; 5th Mar 2004 at 19:54.