PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmibaby/AIr Wales make agreement
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2004, 02:33
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am confused about the new arrangements. I have checked bmibaby’s summer online timetable (commencing end of March) and the following weekday flights are listed:

Prague - 3 rotations per week; Paris Cdg - 1 rotation per day: Alicante - 1 rotation per day; Malaga - 1 rotation per day; Palma - 2 rotations per week; Belfast Int - 1 rotation per day; Edinburgh - 3 rotations per day; Glasgow Prestwick - 1 rotation per day; Cork - 2 rotations per week.

These destinations also have flights on Saturdays or Sundays or both, and there are also weekend rotations to Toulouse (Sats) and to Jersey (Suns).

None of the flights are being advertised as flown by Air Wales and, Edinburgh apart, the routes have either the same or fewer rotations compared to last summer. It may be that the Air Wales flights are yet to be slotted into baby’s web timetable. If so, I find it strange that the public announcement should be made before the timetable is brought up to date. Or am I missing something?

There is nothing on the Air Wales website about the new arrangements, neither are any flights shown to Glasgow Prestwick on their site.

For some reason baby have changed from the twenty-four hour clock to am and pm on their web timetable which is unwieldy on the page and, even more confusingly, have adopted the US method of showing dates so that, for example, 9/8/04 is 8 September 2004.

This is an interesting initiative and it will be fascinating to see whether it succeeds.