PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas FO's and SO's-Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2004, 07:37
blueloo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Union Yes. One Seniority List? I dont think so. I didnt apply to Coles Supermarkets only to be awarded a spot at Meyers Department Store - if you get my drift.
Jetstar, Impulse etc, whilst part of the QF Group, are separate entities. Why does that give them rights into QF's seniority?

I am not saying they shouldnt have the means into QF or a better chance of selection for QF - (if they would even want to work their now), but that is a bit odd working for one company only to get on anothers seniority list!!!!!!

(This whole Seniority issue is a Union Bandaid Fix for a Major F-up the Union made years ago)

Furthermore, whilst the QF skills and pysch test cause much debate to their actual worth, people in impulse have failed this test - now this certainly doesnt make them bad pilots or bad for QF, but rightly or wrongly it has set a minimum standard for QF to cull applicants - so surely it will be discrimination against all other applicants who have failed the QF Skills and Pysch Tests if one group can now get in, yet another can't.