PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you really Want to Do This...??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2004, 02:54
deathcruzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No guys I ain’t a troll, and this isn’t a wind up….I fly wide bodies around the world, I haven’t been replying to posts because that is what I have been doing, If that upsets you then think how my wife feels…
This is/was one of the best jobs in the world.....My point is that providing you don't mind a high level of insecurity in your life...watching incompetent management destroying what is left of this industry, and accepting the status of Taxi Driver, this should work for you. I was one of the most enthusiastic guys at the start of all this.... But frankly my 8 year old son could do a better job than most of the overpaid so-called managers this industry has.
Our enthusiasm is quite frankly used against us....and our lifestyle has suffered as a result.
Bear in mind that in later years there are more individuals to consider than yourself. Wives have a habit of finding many aspects of this job difficult to deal with ....to the cost, very often, of the marriage. Perhaps it is a general problem most face in society today...... Perhaps I should start my own airline.......( Fat chance)… the money to get that up and running is astronomical....and the paperwork........
No, I’m not trying to put you all off.....Just be aware of what you are letting yourselves in for...