PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Citiexpress
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2004, 17:34
Pontiuspilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Da Dog - fine, but the skippers who went to the RHS were not taking a paycut. As TR pointed out, in many respects they too got a good deal financially.

TandemR. Thanks, yes, that is exactly what I mean. There is not the job for job adjustment like LGW since the type is not (yet) being replaced. It may well be there would be some who might see a bid onto larger metal being attractive; however most of us are where we are because that is where we want be - just like mainline secondees. So, why should we be treated any differently. Again, you're right that as far as I know, the current plan is to persuade Waterside to ease the entry requirements to mainline to soak up the current surplus. Ref BACC, all the aims and objectives for both CCs are not identical, so its difficult - I imagine - for our CC to plan effectively with both management and BACC.
What really causes the headaches however is our (mainline) management's continued insistence on moving not just the goalposts, but the entire playing field again and again and again.
We do not believe there IS any plan, objective, goal (ha ha), call it what you will. Hence our dunderheads live in a world of crisis management (actually, the crisis IS their management!) where sweeping major changes occur every other week. The CC is flat out just trying to remind them of last weeks/months/quarters/years commitments which they change like a cardsharp at their own whim in direct contradiction to previous formal SIGNED arrangements. This wastes so much time dragging out signed documents and previous agreements etc that the world has changed yet again by the time they have to backpedal. If there were any genuine attempt to show leadership, or an objective that lasted longer than a week or so - they would probably have us all onside. Sadly, they resemble a bunch of monkeys, dancing to an organ-grinder who actually wants nothing more than his own safe passage to his next management sinecure.

By the way, even a PP1 jet command pay grade coupled with mainline allowances would indeed represent a significant pay rise for all but our most senior guys - who would naturally enough be pay frozen. Retirement age may be an issue, but I suspect the organ grinders in Brussels will soon be having an effect on THAT!