PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Citiexpress
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2004, 04:46
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pontiuspilot

I did not intend to imply that, in a merger, any BACX captains would do anything other than retain their seats, on any similar sized aircraft based in the regions, paid as PP1 captains (unsure as to whether £54K ,minus London weighting, would be a payrise?) I apologise if I misled.

Absolutely right it should happen that way. (Though I think the non 'GF' CFE skippers may have done rather better than their 'protected' colleagues!! - Paid as skippers in the RHS of a 400 would probably put a smile on most faces!!)

I believe a merger, however limited, could work well for both pilot groups.

This is the discussion the BACX CC should be engaged in! I feel certain BA BALPA would support it, though management would require some SERIOUS persuasion. With the greatest of respect, BA BALPA appear to share a very pragmatic view with big BA management.

However, as I understand it, that is not what the CC are seeking. They are simply trying to ease the selection process, with I agree, a little justification.

However, and please correct me if I misunderstand, once a job is accepted into mainline, under some 'enhanced' scheme, any applicant would be slotted in at the bottom of the seniority list, paid as a PP1 FO, along with anyone else joining at that time. ALL should expect to be RHS for a minimum of 9-10 years! (Perhaps 14-15 years if the retirement age is raised!)

For that reason alone, I suspect the idea of a job in mainline may not appeal to too many BACX pilots!

Hang on, I've just had a thought!

Pontius Pilot

Were you meaning to imply that BACX skippers could join mainline, but remain in the regions as mainline secondees?

Wow, that went right over my head!!

Last edited by Tandemrotor; 2nd Mar 2004 at 05:02.