PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas FO's and SO's-Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 29th Feb 2004, 15:28
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Be nice if we could move beyond the 'you're a scab', 'well you're an idiot' type of discussion and focus on the real issues. Impulse drivers had a pretty big gun put to their head. As many crash comics will show, people do things that perhaps they wouldn't normally do when placed under extreme stress and without the full information. Lets move beyond that.

What has happened up until Dixon announced Jet* is water under the bridge. Yeah, AIPA should have been more on the ball a few years ago (and that includes all of us including the rank and file- notwithstanding that I KNOW that some of the rank and file raised the issue of industrial coverage for VQ and regional drivers with the then AIPA pres in June '01). We can keep saying 'aw shucks, we stuffed up, woe is us' or we can move forward and right the wrongs. We can make the company 'pay' but that doesn't address the real issue. We can keep calling each other names but we all know that if we DON'T get our act together that in ten years time someone will happen along and offer wages less than VQs and DJs. And then ALL of us curent crew are stuffed.

Let's get over '89. Sure, let's learn the lessons and never forget how and why it occurred but let's MOVE FORWARD from that for ALL of our benefit. What we need now are visionaries who are prepared to move ALL of our causes forward TOGETHER; not idiots who's first resort is to cast stones at the respective pilot groups. Fair dinkum I weep for the image of pilots in Australia at times. It's no surpise that the companies have us with our backs to the wall when we can't even discuss the issues anonymously in a civil manner.

Sorry if some feel I'm being overly 'righteous' and feel that may be 'pathetic'. I just call it how I see it.