PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Business Bar.....and the Winner is QANTAS. (QF's 2004 Policy "SAFETY COMES LAST")
Old 29th Feb 2004, 10:33
Aussierotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant see to many front bar drunks travelling in bussiness class myself.
Whats the difference getting served or serving youself.
You probably have more trouble with the yobbos down the back when they are refused a drink than you would with one pissed guy in bussiness class.
Plus ,if you see a group of the wild type staying at the bar knocking it down you can still cut their booze off .

Only 100% safe way is no booze at all ,then you still get a few halfwits as well.

There are still problem flights--------soccer fans in europe--------footy trips in Aus etc ,but ive been on a lot of flights and never seen any trouble.
Got pickeled myself on a few ,never had a drink on others and even boarded the plane after a 6 hour delay the worst for wear.but im one of those happy drunks.

Then we have people that are on a high on drugs or get panic attacks etc

Ban booze ,drug and alcohol check before boarding and you will get the troublesome type-----thats the world we live in.

The self service bar is a selling point.Must admit it would win me over mainly to the fact i wouldnt have to stay seated for ever and when feel like standing up for an hour i can without getting in everyones way.