PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is the RAF obsessed with status??
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2004, 22:14
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question, slightly off topic but possibly relating to relationships.

We were bollocked for 'negative' attitude turning up at the aircraft, often after a 2-3 hour delay, with 5 hours of noise ahead of us. "Is it bust then chief?" we would ask hopefully.

The black hand gang had been labouring all day to get the heap of sh1t ready and we were demoralising them by trying to scrub without even getting in.

We asked the chief and it was quite different. No way did they want an 1800 launch on a Friday night, a 5 hour wait, and the inevitable sicky at 2300 with the rest of the weekend trying to get it up for Monday. Rather put it to bed serviceable at 1800 and let the other b*gg*rs try and kick it to life again on Monday.

The mission was to get the hours up the line by 5 hours and no more. Were we right or wrong?

Beagle,

I agree that some 'hairies' could be B awkward. Their modus seemed to be to preserve their new status. It was from the other school and could get p*ss*d with the groundcrew but still emerge with my status intact.

We had one boss "Beano" There'll be NO this, there'll be NO that. He objected us to calling the groundcrew by first names. We asked them : Chief or Ben? "If you call me Chief I know you can see my rank. If you call me Ben I know you know who I am!"

Ben it was.