PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is the RAF obsessed with status??
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2004, 23:40
FFP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here we go . . . . . ..

Flaps62,

Good one. I haven't laughed so much in ages !

For a start, I fully agree with Huron Topp. To say that you've made yourself look like an arrogant, ill informed tw@t is putting it mildly. Not my words, but to be honest I couldn`t have put it better myself.

Firstly, to come up with the good old "chip on shoulder" and "yellow streak" without knowing me or what someone has done is a pretty ballsy move. Enough said. Don't need to justify myself to you.

Secondly, how you deduced all that crap from my pretty down the line post is genius ! You even say yourself some places have inflated egos. So does that mean you have a chip on your shoulder about them ? Course not.

I even stood up for Harrier pilots in my post !!! Maybe it was that comment about Harrier pilots that are also good lads that made you assume I hated them ? Didn't detect the sarcasm ? It seems that everyone else did.To put it plainly, chap, some of my mates fly Harriers and I admire that they have keep their egos firmly on the ground whilst being the aggressive front line pilot they are there to be.

Bet there wasn't a sqn w@nker when you were there ? That'd explain it.

And finally you seem to have missed the entire point of my post that it doesn`t matter at the end of the day what job you do !! So to say I need to get over it, lose the chip, realise that people lay their lives on the line etc etc is classic !!Go patronise someone else. My post clearly stated that my thoughts and feelings are above that narrow minded view of life.

Still not making sense ? Probably time to step back and chill out. You're going for the wrong guy.

And one final thing fella . Try posting in a manner and style that fits with the maturity and common sense someone in your position should have