PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malayan Airways: "For Half the Pay"
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2004, 12:51
Prince of Dzun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sultan Ismail:
You have restored my faith in aviators just as I was beginning to think they had all been gobbled up by some sort of geni. It would be interesting to find out if the detractors on these boards know of the impeccable record of Malayan Airways. The winged Tiger flew from 1947 to 1967 for a total of twenty years and during all that time there was not a single aircraft or passenger as much as scratched. The Cumberbatch Trophy an international aviation safety award would not have been granted for nothing. There is still much to be told, all of which I am both proud and happy to have been a part of but with the infestation of recently surfaced "old women" one despairs that it will soon be forgotten.
Imagine the vitriol from Kaptain M and his ilk if I was to write the details associated with a night flight from Penang to Singapore in a fully laden F27 when I was obliged to shut down an engine not long after take off. The flight continued and proceeded on one engine to overfly two perfectly good airfields at Kuala Lumpur and Malacca with the passengers blissfully unaware. Without even knowing the circumstances he would say "the actions of a cowboy who wanted to get home". He would say that because it's not in his blood to appreciate how things were in those days. Fortunately there are still people like you who can.
Regards,

Prince of Dzun