PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you really Want to Do This...??
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2004, 04:28
Thief13x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow

Ya know, ive been considering going into the airline industry for a few years now, i even started taking flight lessons before Sep 11th. I always wondered what the inside scoop was on the airlines, whether or not they were blowing smoke just to keep applicants out, or if they were actually serious. This scares me quite a bit, because learning to fly is no small investment, especially to start making the big bucks. However, ive been sending out for information packs to various flight schools here in the USA, and from what i understand, the Airline industry, as well as the demand for pilots is supposed to pick up within the next couple years. I love flying, i have fourty some hours and ive loved every minute. So my question to you is; would it be beneficial to persue an aviation career outside of the airline industry? air mail? corporate flying? With your education and ratings, it seems like there would be tons of opportunity to make lots besides the airline industry...

Also, are the airlines in the USA still suffering? or has the buisness started to pick back up?

T13x