PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Results of investigation of FR plane leaving taxiway: Nov 2002
Old 22nd Feb 2004, 18:22
Coconuts

Exclamation

A great mass of the travelling public still have this idea that a really smooth landing is the perfect end to a flight and a great indication of professionalism.
Thank You JW411

What can you expect anyway, I was jumpseating on a Boeing 737 once, when landing the FO put the plane down so gently the captain remarked

"I thought we were still on air"

Gave me a giggle anyway.

Ah no seriously I found that very informative, even though I was aware a soft landing doesn't always constitute a good landing & vice versa its good to learn the technicalities of it, FR certainly do some false teeth knocker outers though.

I still wonder about some of the rumours I've heard about FR (this incident hasn't helped) though or are they just a case of sour grapes with no basis. Many here are aware of my admiration for MOL & FR but if I thought they were cutting corners on safety & training of their pilots my attitude might change as would my decision to fly with them. Saving a few quid ain't worth risking my life for. I am not interested in unprovable, unbackable innuendo though.

Regards

Coco