PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malayan Airways: "For Half the Pay"
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2004, 12:10
Prince of Dzun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b777pilot:
I actually agree with some of things you say but unfortunately you seem to be missing the most important part of the equation which is "I want to do it". Four bars and four power levers come later. Rather like a reward!!

Southernmtn:
What you suggest I should do is really not very sensible but I understand what you are saying. I don't think we will ever agree because had I been paid more for what I did then I would have gladly taken the extra. Conversely had I been paid less for what I did then I would have taken that too. I'd like you to read two quotations from Antoine de Saint Exupery which you may find enlightening.
1. "Flying constitutes the dignity of a craft in that it creates a fellowship, binds men together and fashions for them a common language."
2. "Flying is a classless society and it raises men from mediocrity. "

These words of wisdom have the ability to lift your spirits whenever the going gets tough so perhaps you may want to commit them to memory.

tebuan:
Unfortunately very little has been recorded about Malayan Airways and Borneo Airays and the only written words that I know of are contained in Captain Colin King's autobiography entitled " Luck is No Accident" which is the story of his life as a pilot in the Korean War and as an airline pilot. There is an interesting chapter on Malayan Airways that deals with the day to day flying of the DC3. If you wish to know how to obtain this book then let me know, it costs about $30 US direct from the author. Regards to all,

Prince of Dzun