PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Massey training
Thread: Massey training
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2004, 08:07
Speeds high

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really dont know what the Massey training is like, id like to point this out first, this post is not about the traiing there, but the perception to the outside observer.

Now thats over with.....

It appears to me that Massey have not done themselves any favours, at any point in time.

1) They sit there own exams rather than the ASL exams the rest of us did, the point here is that the rest of the community are left wondering whats wrong with the way we did it

2) The uniforms make them stand out

3) the call signs make them stand out

4) the paint jobs make them stand out

5) Massey instructors and students are rarely seen mixing with other avaiton folk, they seperate themselves out of the bunch

6) The rest of the GA community gets (rightly or wrongly, im not saying which) irate with there big jet ideas.

The avaition community never seperated Massey from itself, right from day one Massey seperated itself from the aviation community. IF your going to do that, and make yourself so visable you had sure as hell better make sure that you are doing it right.

I dont know if Massey are doing it right or wrong, however they need look no further than there own front door when it comes to asking why everyone percives it as wrong.