PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malayan Airways: "For Half the Pay"
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2004, 17:49
Prince of Dzun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C154:

Thanks for writing such an eloquent description of the Jesselton (as I knew it) Sandakan route. I enjoyed learning to know how you do it these days. I can't imagine an ILS at Sandakan. The airfield I remember was made of crushed coral and sand and when it was wet one could 3 point the DC3 as if landing on a feather bed. It was even better than landing on grass. I know those halcyon days of the DC3 are gone forever but it was that famous French aviator and poet Antoine De- St. Exupery (who had many wise things to say about aviation and pilots) who said: " memories are invisible wealth." He was not wrong and one day you will agree with him because you will remember what you are doing now and you will have forgotten how much you are being paid to do it. Trust me, I have thirty five years of doing it and I know. Money is not everything!!
Regards,

Prince of Dzun

southernmtn:
I will answer you tomorrow and do my best to straighten you out.

Sycamore:
I can recall the names of every DC3 hostess I flew with in 1965. If you so wish I can put them up here (both first and second names). Unfortunately, there is no Lettie.

Prince of Dzun