PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Start from scratch...or not?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2004, 16:38
ChrisVJ

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
There are two schools of thought, besides the UK USA thing. Those who "learn over a period" and those who "block off the time" and do it in a lump. Of the seven who were doing it over time locally here seven did not complete. I did it at Oxford 38 yrs ago in four weeks. Lived in digs, flew every good day, studied every evening. I still have the licence. It says the same on it whichever way you do it and two years later no cares a tuppeny so why risk running out of school, steam or instructor? Your persistence is great but you are in serious danger of becoming a statistic again.

Here or there BLOCK OFF THE TIME and do it in a lump. So why not do the flying and get a free holiday thrown in? Florida is great, great weather, great flying, a lovely flying community. I'm going down there in April just to see the friends I've made. Come around April 13 to 19th and get in Sun n Fun as well. Come later and leave yourself a few days for the beach or Disney. If you have some breadies left over go for a flip in a Mustang at Kissimmee. Go home qualified, refreshed, and tanned!

Oh yes, pay as you go unless you take up bank references.

Course I wouldn't want to influence you!