PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Massey training
Thread: Massey training
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2004, 13:41
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
And if you did, I hope the response you would get is something along the lines of "p!ss off". Normal people have more important things to do than to play your childish games. Go home and change your nappies.
And why, pray tell, do you hope that someone coming up to you and asking for a bit of simple advice would get told to 'p!ss off'? (I've got a pretty fair idea of the answer )

And that's another thing ... the bloody sheep mentality of some of these students ... the ones who come up to you halfway through their CPL training all upset because the penny's suddenly dropped - normally about the time they notice that their flying instructor has got 2,000 hours and been instructing for 5 years and desperately trying to get out of the place. That goes for ANY of the big schools who routinely lie to their prospective students. How could someone standing on the brink of maybe going and blowing off $100,000 and 3 years of their life, why would you NOT go find as many airline pilots as possible and canvas their opinions on how they got there and what they think the best way to get there is?

Unlike some others here with hidden agendas I've got absolutely nothing to lose. I'm already flying for an airline and so are quite a few other contributors on this thread. However I don't approve of people who look prospective customers in the eye and lie through their teeth, ( a practice that is far far too widespread in NZ GA ) hence why I take every opportunity to try and encourage wannabes to find out the truth for themselves.

Anyway I stand by everything I said ... I don't have to damn Massey because there are thousands of others who'll do it for me. If you do indeed get told to p!ss off by some airline pilot, (which you won't), then go find some former Massey students (you'll find them working in Burger Kind the length and breadth of the country ) Ask current students. Ask people from other schools and aero clubs. Ask people who fly charter and scenics and air ambulances up and down the country. You shouldn't have to ask more than a few and you'll get a pretty clear and consistent picture coming through.

Or you could just do like 90% of the others, believe everything in the glossy brochures, line up like sheep and hand over those big student loan pay checks. Your choice