PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Q-400's at Osaka
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2004, 09:01
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

"keen as mustard....I suspect that that is the primary trait the recruiting company and the airline interviewers will be seeking, once you`ve met the minimums, splat. So I would go ahead and lodge my application even if you don`t meet the minimums right now (sorry, I don`t know what they were looking at), as I believe there will be a growing requirement for foreign pilots, in this country over the next 2-3 years, due to the high retirement rate.

What are your thoughts on flying with Japanese pilots?. They are congenial, and trained very well in their company procedures, Shags - however having said that, I find that most of the F/O`s have a fairly standard set of "add-ons", which when queried why, the reply is invariably "some (Japanese) Captains like to do it that way"
My understanding of the reason for SOP`s was precisely that - to have standard operating procedures.

As is ingrained in the Japanese culture, everything has a set format (eg. the pre-flight briefing of the Cabin Crew) - like a tea ceremony.
Manipulatively, as in any cross section of a group, there is a variation within lower and upper limits.

Gambatte!