PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B757 Crews for "Australian Challenge Airways"
Old 20th Feb 2004, 08:43
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With 805,554 "hits" on PPRuNe forums yesterday, 153,706 "hits" from the Australian and Pacific region (136,562 "hits" from Australia alone), PPRuNe is arguably the world's largest, most successful and most informative airline/aviation specific forum and, within Australia, probably attracts greater patronage than the major aviation magazines and newspaper supplements, combined.

I think we - PPRuNers and Moderators - must be doing something right!!

It is inevitable and natural that when PPRuNers get a "sniff" of new aviation operations and employment opportunities, they will ask questions. I can understand the scepticism of some, considering the rather parlous Australian aviation/airline industry growth (or lack of) and significant airline failures over the past decade or so, Compass I and II and Ansett being the more obvious. I accept too, there have been successes as evidenced by Qantas's fiscal performance in recent years and the outstanding success of Virgin Blue. These successful operations have been well capitalised and agressively managed.

Many Australian airline employees have been hurt financially or their careers severely disrupted and even prematurely terminated, often through no fault of their own.

The details Woomera posted were freely available in the public domain and were in response to legitimate questions asked in this thread.

This thread, like all PPRuNe forums, is being constantly monitored and moderated to ensure posts are in accordance with PPRuNe rules.

Woomera