PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Massey training
Thread: Massey training
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2004, 15:23
wandrinabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speeds High:
I think a persons first instructor and would even go as far as to say first couple of lessons affect the way they fly and there attitude towards aviaition for a very long time.
You are dreaming mate. Most people could not even remember their first few lessons, let alone be forever influenced by them. Insignificant.

I have flowen with persons of many thousands of hours whom i was left wondering if they had obtained there last BFR off the back of a cereal box with $2.95 P&P, while some freash CPL students have blowen me away with accuracy and superb attitude.
Arggh. That is the whole point!!! Everybody is different. You cannot label people based on preconception or some aspect their background. Tread with care if you continue to do this, or you may someday become severly "unstuck"

Luke Skybaby:
go to your nearest airport, stick your head into any crew room of any airline, and ask the first pilot you see what their opinion of Massey graduates is
Why??
And if you did, I hope the response you would get is something along the lines of "p!ss off". Normal people have more important things to do than to play your childish games. Go home and change your nappies.

Nike:
As for Massey being better or worse, I think the whole lot are shockers.
then later...
I have no ill with Massey, nor any other Organisation.
Sudden change of tack there Nike. What happened? spine fall out? Perhaps you too fired from the hip but but your smoking gun was too much for you and it dropped on your foot and made you cry?

One thing I do despise is bullies. That is what I see alot of Massey bashing being about. Its the school yard psyche. Regurgitating ill feelings in a particular direction, just because the others are, so thats the way its done. Graduates are helpless cannot lash out for they are at the bottom of the heap, and who cares anyway.
I was lucky. I did not come up against this stigma, that I was aware of. I do hear stories of others that do. Small people, smaller minds.
However, I do also suspect that some use it as a crutch to explain or lay blame on others as to why things are not working out. Again, small people.

My point? Be careful where you spit, you may slip over in it one day.