PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor ratings for PPL/NPPL licence holders
Old 16th Feb 2004, 05:08
homeguard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nppl etc

The last two contributions ( shortstripper and G-KEST ) take us forward. I've already said my bit towards this debate, but;

How about.

1) Class 2 or class 1(restricted) medical. If KEST can pull +4g, -2g quite happily at weekends he can teach my students anyday.

2) How about 100hrs P1 and 200hrs total time ( as with the JAA CPL )

3) FIC course extended to 45 hours minimum training to include much more on navigation training techniques ( currently skimped on the FIC courses ) bringing the PPL candidate to a much higher standard, before teaching the student. The 5 hours mutual bit of the FIC to be replaced by 5 hours supervised instructing within a flying school and supervised by an approved for the purpose CFI.

4) Exams geared to instructing but maybe derived from the current CPL databank as appropiate. Take away the ridiculous requirement to pass papers within just 18 months. Allow 3 - 5 years. CPL/ATPL exams can give exemptions, other than the dedicated instructing technique papers.

5) CPL/ATPL holders to gain say 12 hours exemption from the 45 hours FIC, reflecting the high level Navigation training already received during CPL training.