PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow helicopter near miss with Tornado off Aberdeen
Old 16th Feb 2004, 03:24
Autorotate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weasel - Couple of important points. First off the area in question was actually being used by military aircraft before the oil rigs ended up there (from what i was told), so why should the military have to move. Its like people moving next to an airport and then trying to shut it down because of the noise. It should be a compromise, plain and simple.

Secondly would you really want someone to go to war to protect your country if they didnt have the adequate training. I could just imagine your comments back in the WWII days, basically means if the fighter pilots of those days couldnt train then everyone in the UK would be speaking German (no offence intended to anyone). Training is a very important part of any service or company. Same as HUET training if you have to ditch. My two cents worth they can train as much as they want, it just means everyone needs to work on putting a plan into place where everyone comes home at the end of the day.

Just my two cents worth.

Autorotate.