PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Citiexpress
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2004, 17:10
Cornflake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you should go further.

Many of us I suppose have not really been affected by the base closures / fleet moves, but only because we are lucky in location terms. That doesn't mean the next great Fosse plan to relocate everything to Gatwick, or another BA locost out of STN will not affect us. Or even, let it be said openly, any (near) future plan to sell us off, or merge us with Midland as an earlier thread suggested.
The bottom line is that this affects us all. If we do not show we are serious about this, it will be far worse than if we had never tried.

1. I understand the CC will resign. (More honorable than management then)

2. A new CC will take a long time to amass any serious experience to deal with Dental and his chums.

3. Dental and the rabbithutch will be crowing for months, knowing they can do as they like in future because we will just bend over and take it no matter what.

I actually think being shafted again will be better than listening to the unctuous 'I told you sos' from all the management types.
There are not really any "I'm alright jacks' any more. This is potentially a vote of confidence in our management, and if they win it - well, what we have seen so far in their uncaring, bullying, dictatorial 'we know best" attitudes will be amplified beyond all recognition.
(they know best all right, just look at the change in profitability since Floss and his minions took over)

Really think about this one boys, think about the lack of promotion, the moves, the Ts and Cs - the dodgy dealing, the doublespeak, the self awarded management perks and special packages that for some reason they won't discuss. (It's odd, but when I was in the Air Force, you could check out a Group Captains Salary, a Leading Aircraftsman or an Air Vice Marshall with equal ease, and every knew exactly where they were.) Why do YOU all think our management guard their salary packages so secretively - do you think it's because we'll feel appalled and sorry for them if we were to find out? No, neither do I.

Read Tim's posts on intercom carefully, I would cut and paste if I knew how. See how he seems to promise and say a lot, but there is so much lack of definition, so little specific detail that it is meaningless. He has made the mistake of trying to split the pilot workforce by slagging off part of the CC. It won't work Tim, as good old GA has come back and said that the CC are as one in this - unlike some of your managers who can be heard doing a damn sight more than jus querying the party line once you get a beer into them.

VOTE YES.