PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Citiexpress
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2004, 15:47
The Little Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jordan - love the t#ts!

Jordan - ref the Dash 8 on the IOM and GLA. My mate was saying this is to be a IOM based aeroplane, so meaning the IOM guys will not have to relocate to Manchester. Ludicrous company suggestion anyway, I mean, why base the damn thing in Manchester meaning TWO crews nightstopping every night, when you can base it in the IOM and have none. Purely a 'close the base' technique politically.

Tim and Co are now well established on the

"BALPA were just mistaken, we meant you to have a payrise all along, we'll discuss the details in a month or so...."

and

"of course we are trying desperately hard on your behalf to get BA access, things are looking good, don't let BALPA screw it all up for you, we expect to have some good news in the near future..."

side of things.

Not to mention the "there is a hardcore communist subversion element in your BALPA CC, who want confrontation at any cost, you just can't trust these officials who YOU elected, who do their jobs for no pay in their own time, unlike us well remunerated managers for whom it is our day job....."

[This is PURELY because of the mere threat of a threat of a risk of industrial action - purely because of BALPA]

Yeah, right, of course we believe Tim, he and his team have all been dead straight all along haven't they. We all know they have our best interests at heart - it's just that somtimes we can't see the big picture. Let's be fair, when have we EVER EVER known Timbo say anything and change his mind or his stance? When has he EVER said one thing for effect one week, and contradicted himself the next? When has he ever used vague language which could be interpreted later as meaning several different things?? He even has the gall now to try and take credit for things like Flight Duty Pay, Disruption allowances, Day Off payments when they were all things achieved by BALPA. Hands up anyone who believes we would have had them as a management gift?

It's knowledge like this which makes us confident as to who we trust with the future of our families, our careers, our entire lives.
I know who I believe has my best interests at heart, and it isn't anyone from bloody Waterside!!!!!