PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JET2 Pax figs?
Thread: JET2 Pax figs?
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2004, 00:17
nibor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all the spare a/c capacity that JET2 have on the ground at LBA they are able to offer their services on the lucrative subcharter market. They are also able to offer an aircraft for charter work at almost any time of the week.
In this respect they are getting lots of revenue that would not have been taken into account in their original plans. In recent weeks it has become an almost daily occurance for an extra couple of rotations to appear for one reason or another.
I do not know what they charge for charter work ( anyone know the going rate for a B737-300 charter, say 1500nm and 8 hrs duty??? ) but i would expect that it would pay the bills with a fair wedge to spare.

As for the load factor i would guess that there are between 90 and 100 revenue rotation per week ( Best L/Controller may be able to give a more accurate figure).
100 flights per week = 425 ish per month x 148 seats = 63,000 ish seats. Which would give a load factor of 55% ish. As Jan is a pretty dead month and taking into account the new year reduced schedule these are not bad figure.
Let's not forget that Jet2 are not filing all the seats with £1 fares like some other lo-co's so their breakeven figure may be low compared with RYR for example.

Who knows, they could already be making a profit this winter!!!!

Last edited by nibor; 12th Feb 2004 at 00:29.