PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay/WP
Thread: NATS Pay/WP
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2004, 19:07
2 six 4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the biggest ATC topic ever generated on Prune with over 500 posts and about 30,000 viewings. Shame we didn't get the same sort of response over privatisation .... however

As I see it the basic pay offer is OK

The WPP changes seem to have been accepted and as they are to generate the cash then the money from NATS should be secure.

The division of the money is sort of an issue but lots of postings are linking it to the structure which is the future way of dividing further money in years to come.

The structure concept is acceptable but there are genuine concerns about the way it has been put together with the gap between units completely unrealistic and nobody seems to know what will close or re-order those gaps.

I bet management are not exactly proud that they are going to p**s off a very large number of ATCOs whos loyalty and flexibility has been taken quietly for granted.

I bet the BEC are unsure of the effect of either stopping the ballot / not recognising the result / accepting the majority result whichever way it goes.

From what I know the ballot will go out next week with a closing date around 10 or 11 March.

This looks like a perfect opportunity for management and Prospect to show some practical effect of their recent "working together" accord. Not to stitch up the ATCOs but to listen to them and maybe pacify them that they are all being heard even if it doesn't actually change the amount of money offered to each one in this pay deal.

Before the ballot result is known there must be time for a Special Delegate Conference. From my distant memory of the Branch rules you need about 25 members and 3 weeks notice to debate a single issue. No single issue like structure has generated so much noise for years. I'd even invite the senior management negotiator to address the conference to give their rationale.

I think I'll ask for a copy of the current Rules to see if this is possible.

Anyone else fancy a constructive way of debating and influencing your union policy and possibly seeing some old friends at Bredbury Hall to boot ?