PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay/WP
Thread: NATS Pay/WP
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2004, 18:15
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The comments here are getting bitchier by the day and really reflect badly on everyone of us.
The regrading proposals have set back unit cooperation decades.
I work closely with my LACC colleagues and have a very good professional working relationship with them, I hope they can equally say the same about my unit.
The differential pay difference between ATCO 2 and 3 is an acceptable difference, it reflects the difference between the units, the new structure doesn't and is too extreme. If an additional payment then was made on top to reflect a cost of living supplement i would be more than happy with that as well, but one would hope units such as Farnborough which are slap bang in the middle of the expensive SE are not forgotten.

Those advocating we should accept because it can be changed at a later date are surely looking at NATS through rose coloured spectacles that is simply not going to happen. This has been an ill judged and ill conceived regrading process.
The whole issue needs to go back to the drawing board and take into account all aspects of a units work.

Those looking to score points of other units should be ashamed, we as i have said before all work hard, we all have the same responsibilities , some may have a sustained traffic flow and then there are those of us who have the problems associated with Class G airspace etc. Unless we have all of us worked at every single NATS unit how can we actually say that we have a tougher job , work harder, its all a nonsense.

Please to my colleagues at LACC LTCC EGLL and the College realise we are not making waves because we like to make waves but we genuinely know we have been " shafted " by this regrading.