PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilkAir Selection
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2004, 18:55
gyro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mig Bird, my post was not intended to be personally offensive to you. If being “obtuse” is your only character flaw, I wouldn’t be too hard on myself if I was you. I notice you have posted on the other SilkAir thread that’s currently running, so you are well aware of the sentiments being expressed regarding MI. Starting another thread with substantially the same questions is hardly likely to attract the more favorable views you obviously seek.

My post may have been a little too frivolous for your tastes, but the key part of it you seem to have overlooked. Why would a significant number of the existing pilots leave when the pay is made to sound so good? Even more would like too leave, but being Singaporeans, for them, it IS the only game in town. The fundamental thrust of all detractors to your enquiries, is the conditions ie environment, that come as the price YOU pay for choosing to work there.

I was not joking about having a pulse and a pen as being favourable attributes…. If you have a rating and are currently looking for employment, you will find their response to your application unsettlingly eager. They are very short of drivers, and with other, better paying jobs around, are having difficulty attracting and holding experienced crews. It’s your decision, your career. If you take the job, reread my first post in 12 months time, the sentiment will be better understood. Good luck to you which ever way…

LVL CHG…. MAATEE…. “bitter a$$holes, $***,You guys are jokes, Don't waste our time with your ridiculous, condescending attitudes”
Was I drinking with you last night????? Let me check the bottom of my shoes….. close resemblance, but don’t think it’s you! Is yours an example of the type of “information” expected on this forum? ( Sorry to mention a small point here, but my browser tells me it’s actually a RUMOUR network, not sure what yours says) If you already know the terms and conditions in SE Asia, why have you taken such purile distain at people reinforcing your own views???

Time wasting maybe my extravagance, oxygen appears to be yours.