PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised and Improved Glasgow College Course (Merged)
Old 9th Feb 2004, 17:17
FEBA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FG
If Oxford or the OU could be brought on board I would sign up again tomorrow, but for now I'll sit back and wait.
I'm not sure that any of us can afford to be complacent. If the trade is to be given the professional status that common sense demands it have (like that of our colleagues in the USA) then a collective effort needs to be made. Having spoken with the CAA Flight Ops inspectorate i found general concensus of opinion for certification of operations controllers, in light of the reducing numbers of drivers on the flight deck and ever increasing workloads in busy airspace, it makes sense.
I am convinced that a European push in this direction will win the day fairly quickly, so we all must start the ball rolling.
Assuming that JAA ratifies Ops Controller licensing and training then your concerns re a market for the training course providers will disappear. I think now is a good time to start an effective campaign with international support (IFALDA at all) to lobby the JAA and CAA, commercial support would be welcomed too. I hope you do, too

Covec
Are you still working for Mrs Windsor aviation? If so, and are planning to resume civilian status shortly, I may have something of interest to you.
Brgds
FEBA