PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OXford and Jobs
Thread: OXford and Jobs
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2004, 17:03
batty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr. Evil 2002

Salary and time to command are quite relivant if your looking at spending £17-£20k on a type rating. I dont agree with paying for ratings but if I was in the position now I think I would have swallowed the pill and done it.

You seem to think everyone who has posted on here expects to be handed a job. Thats not the case.
Not at all, many people work long and hard to get a job, you dont tend to here from them except for the odd post asking a civil question that you promply berrate. They quietly get on with it and find a job eventually. Oxford do assist in finding jobs, there are very few jobs out there to find for low hours pilots at the moment. It is an awful position to be in having paid all that money and not having got a job, that doesnt make it OATS fault though. I do agree that they shouldnt push the marketing side of getting a job so much, but do you believe every salesman who approaches you? Oxford have a product, they give it the hard sell. You owe it to yourself to sort the wheat from the chaff, and decide if they are being totaly truthful. Just reading this one thread shows that the truth is streched somewhat....

If your working now, I will ask 'nicely' who is it for? Did you have to pay for your rating. Also why are you still here starting winging posts about Oxford? A better post may have been about how you got your job, the interview process and the sim ride. That would have helped people at least.

Oh and for your interest I work 5 on 3 off know what Im doing months and months in advance. As for minimun crew rest I have had minimum rest maybe twice in 3 years so maybe you should do some research yourself..

Last edited by batty; 9th Feb 2004 at 17:14.