PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We WILL be slugged another $200 for a new CASA Licence!
Old 9th Feb 2004, 16:09
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

we need to stop this rubbish right now!!!!!!
this is a small wedge. if we let this go on, where will it stop?, we will be paying for our licence every year at a START OUT RATE of $100.00. how long will it take until it goes up to $200Pa?. not long I bet. remanisant of the $50 levy on our rego that was meant to come off.......... but still hasn't, many years on.
it also gives them the opportunity to deny or refuse an application for renewal, maybe for some minor misdemener commited in the previouse licence period. then comes the renewal by check ride at our expense...It'll never end I tell ya.
DON'T LET IT START.........It's the small end of the wedge.
it would be an absolute shame to spend $30,000 on a licence that will become invalid in 24mnths.
Lets face it..... how effective is it going to be???? bloody useless I reckon. If I was going to pack my aircraft with explosives and fly it into the Menzies police station yelling Allah akbar......... how the hell is this going to stop me.......... or even identify the fact that I have this in mind. It never can or will. I could do the same with my landcruiser and get more explosives in than I could an aircraft.

when will these people realise that they were voted into government BY the people, FOR the people??? Friggen idiots.

rant over