PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OXford and Jobs
Thread: OXford and Jobs
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2004, 04:39
Saitek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
personally attacking poor old Mike Taylor now that you are finished with Oxford and find yourselves with no job and bills to pay, as I recall, were the same guys queing up outside his office
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

the words "as I recall" in the context of this sentence infer you are part of Oxford.

Rupertpupkin first post ?.......... set up a new account so no-one would suss who the message was coming from........ having the front to attack people for being anonymous and staying so yourself......... slight tinge of hypocrisy.

quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not defending him

yes you are.......

quote:
wake up and smell the coffee

a phrase I have heard spoken by a senior Oxford manager a few times??

quote:
Come on fellers, grow up a bit. You gave it a go at creeping and crawling around a member of OATS staff in the naive hope you would land a job out of it and it didn’t work

I havn't done either, I have tried to get blood out of a stone and banged my head against the wall but not bum licked anyone, and the naive hope you refer to that didn't work was not presented as a "naive hope" in the pre Oxford seminar I attended.

quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
More fool you if you think Oxford has or ever will have any say or influence over the recruitment policies of Airlines
----------------------------------------------------------------------

the only snippet of your steaming pile of td I do agree with.

So why don't you wake up and smell the coffee and stop lying to people, stop making baseless promises of partners and link ups that don't exist. Many people who have contributed in an open way to this thread have good jobs. This was never about Mike Taylor, everyone knows he is basically a good man but just the wrong man for the job, it is about Career Development, the department he heads up, being a Marketing Tool to sell more courses, full of half truths and false promises and certainly anything but Career Development for the students who handed over vast some of monies in your BS sales seminar.

some of the PA28 guys and gals you refer to will be the Airline recruiters of 15/20 years time.

I'll suggest CTC as they genuinely have the framework and partner tie ups that Oxford BS about.