PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army Air Corps Pilots...??
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2004, 04:38
one eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just read this thread and am shocked at the abuse and banter that is being thrown around. Why can’t the three services just except that all our aviator and structures are slightly different, but they fit within our organisations. We all contribute, but in slightly different ways. The all commissioned airforce and Navy route would never work in the Army, quite simply because the Army commissions for different reasons than the Airforce. The professional aviators in the Army are enlisted. The airforce would be very poor operating an Apache as its Attack pilots don’t understand how the grunt thinks and therefore the Manoeuvre Battle would confuse them somewhat. On the other hand the Army does not seem to be able to get a set of SPINS or ACO out to its aviators in anything less than two days to late. The Navy however seems to just get on with its job and watch the squabbling from the side line and work quite nicely within its own world.

I have worked with all three services for many years as an aviator and when on joint ops, I have found we compliment each other nicely, but when on our own there is something lacking.

So just kiss and make up