PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OXford and Jobs
Thread: OXford and Jobs
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2004, 23:51
rupertpupkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear oh dear…. reading these posts does make me smile!

You guys that are out there anonymously slagging off and personally attacking poor old Mike Taylor now that you are finished with Oxford and find yourselves with no job and bills to pay, as I recall, were the same guys queing up outside his office with your fake smiles and “first time passes” greasing up to him (and anyone else at the school you thought might help you get a job) when you were still there. Now that the reality of the industry has dawned, you are taking your frustrations out on this guy.

I am not defending him, I too think that there are other areas within Flight Training he is more suited to, but guys, wake up and smell the coffee - jobs for low hour inexperienced pilots with nothing but a PA 28 on their licence are very few and far between at the moment.

Come on fellers, grow up a bit. You gave it a go at creeping and crawling around a member of OATS staff in the naive hope you would land a job out of it and it didn’t work - get over it and try another angle. The fact it was Mike Taylor who’s arse you had to lick is irrelevant you would have sucked up to and then turned upon who ever it was.

Fact
No one forced us to go to Oxford
More fool you if you think Oxford has or ever will have any say or influence over the recruitment policies of Airlines
More fool Lofty for thinking that any student displaying any interest in him is genuine - they are only being nice cos they want something out of you
If you were in the right place at the right time and he did get you a job you would be all happy with the guy
Don’t shoot the messenger
Don’t get personal