PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay/WP
Thread: NATS Pay/WP
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2004, 19:04
250 kts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I have said before this is the first stab at getting this in and it will never be perfect at the first attempt. But if this deal is thrown out we go back to square one and I believe that the BEC would have no choice but to resign as would all of the unit reps who, I understand UNANIMOUSLY endorsed the BEC in November at the conference.

So where would that leave us?

No AAVA deal and therefore almost certainly delays this summer that could cost NATS upto £10m-Good for us-NO

A basic pay offer that is below what is on the table for us at present-good for us-NO

The loss of years of negotiating experience and knowledge on the BEC-good for us-NO

The ability for management to introduce some of the WP changes within the present structure at no cost to them-good for us-NO.

Management will still target the units where they need the service delivery improvements and without central representation would make a start at targetting the cash at those units only-good for us-NO

Financial loss for EVERY ATCO in NATS and that money that is lost is not just this year but for the whole of your career-good for us-NO

Get the principle of the structure in place and then address all the thorny issues and if those units that have the problems are right then they will be able to prove it and NATS will have no option but to recompense them accordingly. vote it down and managment really will divide and conquer especially with no central team in place.