PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 7th Feb 2004, 07:40
FerociousFish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hay guys, need some advice if you've got the time. I'm in the very early stages of getting my CPL (H) at PHS in Melbourne. I've spent the last week going over all the doom and gloom about the job market in thee forums, but decide to stick it out anyway and bust my gut and see what happpens. Ideally I am hoping to do a stint at PHS's Ayers Rock operation to build my hours. I know some of you think that this is a bit of a 'carrot dangler' but has anyone been out there who actually earnt some decent hours, and roughly how long did it take? Were you spending more time digging holes and filling them in again, or actually flying?

On a different note. My very supportive wife (hard to find!) and I want to use piloting as a basis to travel overseas. Apart from turbine rating to start, anything else you would recommend to get at the beginning or just obtain specific ratings for specific jobs? (does that make sense)