PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University before flying?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2004, 20:47
concorde002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a similar choice to make but back in summer 2001!
Completed A-levels, the old traditional ones back then, telephoned the BA recuitment number, for information on pilot application, for obvious reasons never recieved the information.

Contacted my first choice university who still accepted me. Now in my final year and hopefully I will graduate! the university experience teaches you many skills of life which do appear to be an asset to any future employers.

My final year dissertation was based upon the the third runway at heathrow, close proximenty to my uni! This allowed me to meet many different people from various aviation backgrounds, and i was able to study an topic i was intereseted in.

The university route gives you someting to fall back upon, if for example you fail a medical. The three years are the best of your life no responsibility, the alcohol abuse, the social scene and so on!!!! I would recommed going to uni experince an excellent then pursue any aviation careers afterwards. Remember this industry is predicted for contionous growth for many years yet!

If anyone has any other questions feel free to pm me

Best of luck!