PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thankyou PPRune
Thread: Thankyou PPRune
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2004, 20:11
weselfluren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy still sad, but.....

- thank you for the supporting view and the kind words. Shame there's nowt I can do about it, so as you say, will have to get over it and move on

Liked the analogy about the footballer a lot - look at Kevin Phillips too.....something about Southampton footballers maybe!
Shame that can't apply to me unless I take one of two drastic options - a) pay £30k+ to get trained up in the UK (without any income for the duration) or b) emigrate where there are nice beaches and drinks with straw umbrellas and do the training over there..............WF is not finished just yet!

Actually, come to think of it, if people like Jerrico are no longer over there, then it's an option (he must be from Victoria....) - only kidding Jerrico, you are entitled to your opinion just as the next fellow.

Alpha16 is probably in the same boat as myself and having to deal with it. Not making excuses for anyone, but there is only so much you can take in life, and I for one can't have a go at HR down the phone, as I haven't got a clue who the decisions/policy rests with.

Best of luck to all the trainees - especially if the courses have been put back and the salary dropped. Not close to what any of us applied for.....

Especially good luck to Mr777, that's harsh treatment! Maybe they had Mr. Bliar doing work experience and giving you a good old fashioned dose of honesty about the training "definately" starting in March and not saying about the salary (I was told in January it was going up!!!) - keep at it mate, I hope it's worth it in the end.

WF