PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Shortlisters
Thread: QF Shortlisters
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2004, 13:14
Cart_tart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what irritates me the most Q-T is that they've been employing casuals for shorthaul and adecco contractors for longhaul, while taking no one from the list. A select few have had a call asking them to joing MAM. MAM have even done an external recruitment drive. I didn't receive a phone call asking if I would go casual. I know the reason behind that too.
I don't think the lack of recruiting is entirely due to the downturn in the industry. It has a lot to do with Dixon's splendid idea of only employing casual and contract labour, therefore erroding pay and conditions that people in the industry have worked hard for. You will be affected by this just as much as I am.
I am already a flight attendant so I am luckier than many on the list that I am already doing what I love.
More needs to be done to keep jobs in Australia, and give people some sense of job security like it used to be.
QF is now making record profits. Staff took a wage freeze to help this happen. Now that it has happened, they're rewarding their loyal employees by replacing them with labour that are under worse conditions, expected to work longer hours for less money.
This will lead to unhappy staff, which will reflect on the product, then customers and ultimately their precious profits! Maybe then they'll realise that in order to make the profits they need employees that are happy with the company they work for!