PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does it matter where you trained if you have 4-5k hrs under your belt?
Old 6th Feb 2004, 08:43
v-foxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck for the exams 510

Scroggs, in my ideal world I would of course have a lot of longhaul hours before trying to move back, but I think that chances are that my experience would be shorthaul.

Given that (I think anyway, please correct me if I am wrong) the traffic in SEAsia is not as busy as Europe, I would be as, per your post, at a disadvantage to guys who flew shorthaul in Europe.

But for the moment at least, it would seem that the opportunity of landing your first commercial job is better in SEAsia. My thinking then is that it's better to get your foot in the door and start building the hours rather than train here and face longer odds of getting the first job (my perception, who knows in 15 months things could be reversed!) even though the flying, once started, would be in busier airspace. So basically I'm looking at maximising my chances of my first job.

Any thoughts/comments? How much do you think this disadvantage (less busy airspace flying) would hinder my chances at your company in the future, for instance?

thanks and please keep the posts coming!