PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay/WP
Thread: NATS Pay/WP
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2004, 04:53
Not Long Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking as a member of my union, I'm very glad that my union has seen fit to attempt to grade different units and introduce differential pay. (I know the scale is slightly different as it stands at different units etc. but not a big difference) If enough of my union agree with me then those members of my union who don't agree are going to be outvoted. That is democracy for you, it may let everyone have a say, but can still ignore them if they're not in the majority.

Speaking for my own personal interests and being at a grade 5 (to be?) unit, I think it's a fantastic offer and will, for the first time in 12 years be voting for acceptance.
I also fully understand that any formula which resulted in someone else being on a higher scale than me would make me want to pick holes in it to prove I was just as, if not more deserving than they were. I have to say though, I really do think that TC/NERC are more complex/busy/pricey/whatever than Manch and Scottish.
Yes, I know everyone has their busy times, complicated bits, staff shortfalls, extra tasks and the like but that's precicely the point, EVERYONE has them so trying to produce a banding based on simply those things is just going to result in one very big band.

If you can seriosly say to me that 8 point whatever at the lower end over 2 years is not an OK payrise, then good luck to us all, and let's chuck it (in favour of what though?), otherwise, simply put in your request for a posting and come on down.