PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Shortlisters
Thread: QF Shortlisters
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2004, 19:30
Left2primary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cart Tart,

Im sorry to hear the news. You are not alone in being very disappointed.

Are you sure about casual/contract employment only for longhaul.
QF are in the market for more 744s, which will mean a requirement for LOTS more CC.

The adecco bases in BKK and AKL are I think at, or around, their historical max.

Any "drastic" increase in offshore numbers would breach the aggreement QF have with the FAAA to cap the numbers.

It seems that the startup of Jetstar will create surplus numbers of shorthaul crew and recently 150 transfered to Longhaul.

Maybe QF think they will get enough shorthaulers transfering across to fill the numbers required for the fleet increase. Who knows?

Although still 2.5 years away the A380 deliveries will also create a need for more CC. I would be very surprised if internal transfers will fill that need.

The airline industy worldwide is at be at the bottom of the cycle so unless QF intend to drastically change the way they employ CC and, invite the risk of industrial action I wouldn't be too pessimistic.

Having said all that. The recent "newspaper" articles portraying QF CC as spoilt and unreasonable brats smells VERY much of QF management sponsered propaganda.

Maybe they are looking for a fight?????????

Stupid if they are, given they are about to announce "massive" profits.

Keep your chin up.

How reliable was the info you were given?