PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army Air Corps Pilots...??
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2004, 18:50
Always_broken_in_wilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CR,
As an ex pilot one could ask the question what the **** do you know about being a loadie, their training or any of the associated duties there in

As an ex TWA pilot one could ask what the **** do you know about fixed wing captaincy and the life threatening decisions to be made in that job

As a Rupert one could ask what the **** do you ACTUALLY know about being a commisioned officer and pilot in the RAF

Your apparent ignorance to any of the above is has not stopped you posting "with confidence" in here on subjects you know very litle about

The basic crew on a Puma was Pilot + pilot/nav + crewman, On a J model herc it is pilot + pilot + Loadmaster. I have for the last 15 shared crewrooms, classrooms, flightdecks and bedrooms with pilots. We continuously cross fertilize as neither trade can do our jobs properly without a basic understanding of each others task needs. Without overstating my role I currently teach VERY BASIC ALM SUBJECTS to new pilots entering the J world. It's not "pilot sh!t mav" but as the aircraft captians it is information they must know.

You are correct I am not a pilot but I think based on my years of experiance I am able to offer some well rounded, although often extremely biased, advice to those seeking a future in military aviation

Now a spot of advice to you would be to take a leaf out of Bill O's book and learn to spot your enemy at a very early stage There are some of us who love to come into these forums with a serious wish to contribute but also couple that with an inbread desire to poke around under the rocks to see what we can startle into veiw. And whilst it may offend you a pompous ass is just a "target rich environment" for the likes of me.

Now like I said before go back through this thread and have a look at your posts and ask yourself why people took offence...........and why I saw it as a oppertunity not to be missed

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced