PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay/WP
Thread: NATS Pay/WP
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2004, 15:57
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gonzo,

Its not myself stating that it is hard and thus an additional stress on the body to go from quiet to exceptionally busy in seconds it is a medical report commissioned and produced by IFATCA.
It wasn't to denigrate anyone, it was to show that sustained traffic isn't necessarily again a realistic factor to be used in the model.

The more I look at the model the more flaws that leap out and scream unfair.

I wonder how at a hybrid unit as mine where the majority of the movements are radar, some approach, ie two airfields and the majority intermediate approach to other airfields , they counted our movements. All approach or was an area component sneaked in. I do know we were assessed as a complex radar environment, but as our own runway movements are low the radar means little. LARS which on a good weather day is busy didn't even get taken into account, and of course all our military traffic is in Class G so i wonder how that was counted , if it was, and they sure take up an unequal amount of time in comparison to other movements.

I understand the BEC maybe not have more than one representative from the regional airports on it, that if it is the case needs to be addressed urgently, however with the potential for mass resignations from the union perhaps there will be very few members left in the regional airports.