PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay/WP
Thread: NATS Pay/WP
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2004, 07:51
Ali Bongo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
250kts Just as a point of fact - as I was there. The Chairman of the BEC wasn't sent home from work. He did attract a fair amount of criticsm vis a vis the pay offer whilst sat on console and wasn't very happy about it. Everyone was told that we are not to discuss it with him in the ops room anymore. Fair enough as it was a bit over the top, although he hasn't been seen anywhere "in bounds" to "discuss" it with him for some time now.

Manchesters meetings are early next week and if some of the wall posters that have appeared over the last few days are indicative of what lays in store, Prospect might find very few members left at Manchester. NATS might find also find that they have no OJTi's or only 5 or 6 people out of over 100 (the latest unofficial MORI poll figures suggest) willing to do AVA's.

The OJTi issue becomes a factor as we are short of staff and getting shorter by the month (Canada). Delays should reach monumental proportions with no staff coupled with no AVA's. Heaven only knows how they'll cope with the Madrid sims! Perhaps they'll bus some of you chaps up from down South for a nice quite break, no 0530 starts here ! (yet)

Anyway, I've applied for a band 5 unit (CATC) so I'll be out of this madhouse soon......Yeah like they're really going to let me go ...

MACC No Prospect