PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army Air Corps Pilots...??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2004, 17:01
Always_broken_in_wilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CR,
It's just too easy Firstly as a qualified gunnery instructor I spent a fair amount of my time ensuring the laid down currencies were maintained. Our lords and masters set down the periodicity of training and we adhered to that.

Now if you really want to talk about inept weapon handling In my time out there I can remember the fence at B'brook being sniped at on more than one occasion by various door gunners Bearing in mind the SH Crewman carried out all his weapon drills unsupervised where as his Army couterpart was under the direct control of the Aircraft Commander what does that tell us about your weapon handling prowess

Or remember the demonstration of Lynx firepower near X the day the Puma took incoming 2 x Lynx chased the platform, a flatbed truck as i recall so hardly a feckin GTI , rained down their combined awesome array of firepower...................and hit **** all. Thank the lord you in the Army train so well on your weapons Gave us a very warm and fuzzy feeling afterwards!

Or the infamous cross border shoot when some cupcake, probably spacially unaware and forgot the basic ROI. Could sling more mud if you like but I think this will be sufficient

"But that doesn't detract from the Lynx boys who, let's face it - and judging by your comments above I think you agree - did any proper military flying tasks that needed to be done." ......... er please see above!

Still think my days out there were most enjoyed when i was able to observe the likes of "Big Chas" grinning knowingly at a steady stream of Ruperts as they made yet another inept decision. Thankfully the AAC had loads of proffesional and extremly capable SNCO pilots.......... and only a few non SNCO part timers....... carry on typing sir

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Last edited by Always_broken_in_wilts; 3rd Feb 2004 at 17:54.