PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army Air Corps Pilots...??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2004, 16:22
ChristopherRobin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok - if you insist in continuing...you really are into a "mine's bigger than yours" argument...

Most balanced observers who spent any time in the province know that the Lynx was there to provide fire support to protect the Puma - we all know that firing practice for puma loadies was desultory at best, and a dereliction of duty at worst - I'd go into more detail to really show up your "professionalism" if this wasn't an unclassified forum - but people who worked there will know what I mean.

So you could lift more in one go - so what? If that's your yardstick of effectiveness in NI then it's hardly any wonder that you were a distant second choice when something other than humping and dumping was required.

And who could forget the 'hilarious' incident when the puma loadie (no pun intended here), thinking he would be really keen and actually load his weapon, managed to stitch a burst of 7.62 straight through 25,000 litres of aviation fuel because he didn't know how to work it? remember that one?

Yep - you're right, the SH boys did a magnificent job of transporting men and materiel out there. But that doesn't detract from the Lynx boys who, let's face it - and judging by your comments above I think you agree - did any proper military flying tasks that needed to be done.

Keep on truckin' always broken.