PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ B777 Incident Changi
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2004, 16:00
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
OK NG, I'll spell it out for you. I've just proved your case against Cap'n Bloggs WRT low wages= low standards- and I did it without making a BS statement like your 'independant audits...DJ better...' crap. Indeed, a close look at most first world 'low cost' carriers will show that standards are broadly the same. I can't be bothered looking up the specific research in my texts but I've seen it, it does exist. If you'd like I WILL track it down. Can we let that go now? I mostly agree with you on that point-- and always did- but was never going to let your BS 'independant audit' crap slip by without being challenged.

So, I'd like to know of this 'indendant audit' that you claim puts DJ pilots in a better light than QF! Was it LOSA? Was it some other form of audit? Surely you can tell us! If you're going to make such a grand statement about the skills of all DJ crew you should at least be able to tell us who it was that was independant. Do you know? Have you seen the data or was this something that was passed along in the crew room or in the pub or at a BBQ at a mates place? Your previous silence on the matter despite being asked a number of times doesn't inspire me with confidence either way! In fact, your silence on the issue altogether suggests that you don't even know what LOSA is let alone threat/error management in the context of LOSA.

So, what was the 'independant audit' that you claim occurred or were you just grand standing and making yourself and others feel good? Believe me, I'd have much more respect for you if you just admitted that you had nothing and it was crew room scuttlebutt. If it WAS LOSA then see my earlier post about SOPs and so on. Given that you won't answer, I'll assume for the time being you just didn't and don't know. In that case, your comment at the time WAS purely grand standing.

Have a nice day.